10 CRAZY facts about Singles’ Day in China
If you haven’t heard, “Singles’ Day” in China is a legendary shopping day. The event takes place on November 11th, and based on sales performance figures from last year, we can expect 2016 to be absolute madness! To get ourselves ready, Richway has put together an infographic highlighting 10 crazy facts about Single’s Day in China.
Singles’ Day Infographic
List of Singles’ Day Facts
Here’s a list of the 10 crazy facts about Singles’ Day just in case you can’t see the infographic above:
- Singles’ Day is the biggest shopping day of the year in the world.
- On Singles’ Day in 2015, $14.3 billion USD were spent (that’s just one day people!).
- Singles’ Day began as an anti-Valentine’s Day holiday in 1993.
- Singles’ Day was started by students in Nanjing University.
- The date, 11/11, is meant to represent “four lonely sticks”.
- In 2009, Alibaba co-opted Singles’ Day into a massive online sales event.
- Singles’ Day generates more sales than Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday COMBINED!
- The 1.6 million bras sold in the first hour of Singles’ Day in 2015 would stack up to 3 times the height of Mount Everest!
- The most popular products sold on Singles’ Day are clothing, cosmetics, household products, appliances, and food and beverage products.
- The highest selling companies on Singles’ Day are Xiaomi, Haier, Huawei and Uniqlo.
Fill in the form below to get a free estimation of how many people are searching for your business in China!